Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Brian Struble


Copyright Brian Struble

There is an old adage that the student becomes the teacher and the teacher becomes the student, or something like that. Brian started out as a student and I believe went to four workshops. One day I had lost my assistant due to a conflict in scheduling and Brian was kind enough to offer his expertise, not only as an assistant, or second shooter but also as an IT expert. He is well accomplished across the board and when he assists, more times than not, the workshops tend to be better. Brian invited me to a bicycle race but unfortunately, I had an assignment on the west coast. He sent me some photos that he shot. I was so blown away that I incorporated some of his photos into a presentation I did for Adorama. My studio manger passed a comment something to the effect of "why would I put his photos in my presentation" and my answer was "his photos are great and why not?" I'm not the end all of all photography.

Photos Copyright Brian Struble

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Joe!

    It's all in being there, and being ready to find an opportunity to make a photograph. Having a great teacher beside you helps as well. Helping to gain the knowledge and the confidence to go out and shoot well, that is what you bring to the rest of us...

    Best regards,

    Brian Struble

    ReplyDelete