Thursday, January 7, 2010

FISHING FOOL


I was out fishing one day in the Huntington Triangle and I ran into a wise fisherman. He was quite a character. We talked about lures, trolling, and then we talked about advertising photography. Little did I know, I was in the presence of the president of one of the finest, most avant garde ad agencies in the United States. Here we are 25 years later, and we're very dear friends. I call him my Rabbi, my brother, my mentor, and my dear friend. Like all relationships it is predicated on the most important thing, respect. His name is Paul Laddin. On top of all of his accomplishments, first accomplishment is, of course, he is married to a beautiful and brilliant woman named Jennie. Second to that, he is quite the accomplished artist. He works in oil and his work is wonderful. If you look closely at the artwork I've included, you may recognize a younger photographer, I'm not sure I know his name.

Thank you Paul for being such a great friend. Love you.
Joe D

Painting by Paul Laddin
Photograph©Joe DiMaggio

No comments:

Post a Comment