Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Ann Raine the Great


As a photographer and a film maker, I have the ultimate obligation to make my clients happy. They pay me and they expect to get what they want, when they want it, and how they want it. That's my job and I do the best possible job I can do. Of course, you always try to push the envelope or think out of the box, all of those cliches, which I interpret as putting a little of your own style into the visual medium. As a mentor and a teacher, I feel the same obligation. I take it very seriously and sometimes I go back to the studio and I wonder, "Did I do a good job, did they get it, were they able to make a better photograph?" Sometimes you know, sometimes you don't. In every workshop there are a few photographers that shine brighter than the rest. They're not necessarily the best photographers, but they put forth one hell of an effort. Ann Raine is a California girl who's been transplanted to the East Coast. She loves Arabian horses and she loves photography. Attached you'll find three of her photos and a link to several more. I'd like to thank Ann for the kind words. She motivates me to do a better job. As the truth be known, I constantly learn from the students. The student becomes the teacher, and the teacher becomes the student.

Photos ©Ann Raine













"I've attended numerous photo-walk workshops with Joe DiMaggio over the last several years, and I keep returning for a number of reasons: Great mentoring, interesting photographic venues, but most importantly, every time I participate in one of these day-long events, I feel a freedom to experiment, a license to open up and go-for-it (photographically speaking.) I am not as concerned about getting every photo perfect as I am in pushing the limits of my skill and knowledge, by practicing and experimenting to ultimately get the great photo!"
- Ann Raine

1 comment: