Tuesday, May 10, 2011

No Duct Tape or Crazy Glue!

About a month ago, I put together a focusing ring that would allow me to turn a Singh-Ray Vari-ND and the Blue-N-Gold to change the value of light and color, without touching the filter or the camera. I used some of my favorite tools, duct tape and crazy glue.  
In a casual conversation with Carl Saieva from Sartek Industries Inc., - a world class designer and engineer. He said to send him a picture and he'd see what he could do. Well, this is what he did. He machined the parts. They're super slick, smooth, easy to assemble, and did I mention that they work really well? This is the difference between a consumate professional and a hack. My intentions are good and sometimes the end result actually works, but most of the time it looks like shit. Thank God for great friends!
http://www.sarind.com/ 


No comments:

Post a Comment