Monday, December 14, 2009

Saturday, December 12, 2009


I have to be one of the luckiest people in the world. I have such great friends. Most of them are artists, musicians, writers, poets, sculptures, fisherman, boxers, trainers, athletes; my God it doesn’t get better than that. Somewhere around 1970 something my dear friend Dennis Wheeler invited me to the Museum of Modern Art (MOMA) to look at some of his pieces in the permanent collection. Suffice to say he is a world class artist. Everything he does is exciting and alive and quite different. He constantly challenges himself to go places that he hasn’t been before with his art. I did a clandestine interview with Dennis; set up my 7D, my Sennheiser microphone, and we talked about art. Dennis is not only a great artist but he is a great art historian. What makes Dennis special is that he can appreciate all different types of art. I am proud to have collaborated with Dennis on several single and multi-dimensional pieces of art. If you’re ever in upstate New York visit Dennis’ Gallery;

Clearfield Farm Gallery/Studio

172 West End Road, Hillsdale, NY 12529

tel: 518-325-7053; email: dfwheels@taconic.net

Oh, by the way; Please call ahead!







Photos © '09 Joe DiMaggio

No comments:

Post a Comment