Monday, December 14, 2009

Sunday, December 13, 2009


© Joe DiMaggio
I drove two hours up North to visit an old friend. Not to beat up a cliché but you’ve heard "in the wrong place at the wrong time?" Well my friend was in the wrong place at the wrong time
to the tenth degree and it’s going to cost him 13 years out of his life in a small cell. We talked for two and a half hours. He admitted his mistakes and errors in judgment and I looked at him and said to myself, “but for the sake of God go I.” I cried three times, gave him a hug and a kiss, and drove home in an ice storm. Now you ask yourself a question; what the hell does this have
to do with photography? The images are burned in my mind, not on the compact flash card. I will take that experience and the burned images and use them in another place at another time and have a better understanding on what I’m photographing and why.

No comments:

Post a Comment